To design a new front entrance to the Hotel Kilmore, to compliment the various other refurbishment works already completed.
- Remove existing entrance steps/ramps/beds etc.
- New raised planters with feature planting to either side of entrance steps
- Custom made curved blue Limestone steps
- Ramped access to each side
- Paved smoking area
- Curved steps to smoking area
- Stainless steel handrails and wrought iron balustrade
- Lighting scheme
- Planting scheme
As the hotel was open throughout construction, safe access for staff and patrons of the hotel was paramount. Timeframe from start to completion was just 4 weeks, which meant tight scheduling of materials,equipment, staff and sub-contractors was vital. As the work was to be undertaken in January/February, poor weather conditions and protecting the works from inclement weather became an important consideration.